Friday, July 29, 2011

Revisiting Setting the Stage

After re-reading my initial post on Setting the Stage, I realize that even though I have two digital natives (children)- they really don't know as much about Web2.0 as I thought they did!  While most digital natives aren't afraid to use technology, they really need us as educators to help show them how much Web2.0 can enhance their experiences...whether it be through the classroom and education or through their personal lives.  I found myself actually showing my college-age daughter (who is home for a few weeks) some tools that I think will help her in college! 

In my initial post I proclaimed that I didn't feel prepared to help students learn to use Web Tools, and found that for some tools I explored I was "technologically literate", but for some I was not.  Nonetheless, I find that I now have the confidence to effectively implement Web Tools so that students can be successful 21st Century learners, collaborators, communicators and creative problem solvers!

This is one of the most useful classes I have taken and I appreciate all the discussion and sharing that my colleagues in this class have offered, and have realized that this PLC I have begun to develop is going to be one of my bigggest resources and assets for my continued professional growth.  Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

  1. You make a great point about digital natives that I can see definitely applies to my students. They are connected, sure, and they're not afraid to use technology, but we do need to show them the benefits of the 2.0 tools. Otherwise they're just typing on the computer (on one hand) and being socially connected (on the other). Thanks for reminding us of this.

    Cheers,
    Scott

    ReplyDelete