Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 5: Blogs & Wikis Reflection

Week 5: Blogs and Wikis Reflection
I watched the presentation “Shiny Objects, Classroom Practice and Professional Growth”  by Eric twice!  It was so interesting and informative that I watched more than the pgs.5-17 that he mentioned specifically.  I especially like the idea of Mandatory participation since it does ensure that ALL classmates participate in the dialogue…not just part of the class.  Posting twice seems to be a manageable requirement while also making sure that students read, think and respond to others posts and thoughts.    I liked everything that Dale Basler is doing… BaslerCast and Lab Out Loud, and Eric was right….so much time spent looking at what great things are getting done using Blogs and Wiki’s.  I was interested in looking at Delores Bende’s e-portfolios because I have been toying with the idea of e-portfolios for about 5 years now… what I had had in mind was completely different than what she is doing… and I have a LONG way to go to incorporate an e-portfolio that profiles all of my student’s work  (Online…blogs, comments, student reflections online, etc.)… but I like it!!!  I also thought that the D2L reading on “Create a Classroom” by Brunsell and Horejsi will be a good resource for me to bring discussion forward about the policies we have for blogging.
I really like the flexibility of wiki’s and spent a considerable amount of time exploring!  In Brunsell and Horejsi’s “wiki-wiki”, the “history” function of the wiki platform is very appealing to me to keep track of postings (dates and times, and contributions by each group member, etc.) The wiki “codeblue” is a great resource for 6th grade, and I am linking this to my teacher web page as a resource!   I played in the “sandbox” and investigated  Wetpaint.  I am finding that I am wanting it all and am trying to be very careful about recording in my “journal” what I am signing up for!  Whew… so, so much J.

No comments:

Post a Comment